- The following size chart and guidelines are for online orders only. For in-store purchases, your consultant will measure and advise you regarding the correct size.
Whether you purchase your dress from us online or in person, you are responsible for selecting and approving the correct size.
- We recommend a professional seamstress take your measurements, preferably the one who will be altering your dress.
Please do not take your own measurements. Those measurements will be incorrect. At the very least, read the following guidelines and have someone else measure you. Have them measure again. You are responsible for ordering the correct size.
- When being measured, be sure to wear the correct heel height as well as any special undergarments such as a bustier.
It's much easier to take in a dress than to let one out and much easier to take away length than to add more.
If you are taller than 5’8” including heel height, you should order at least 1" longer than regular length and possibly more.
- Formal gowns and dresses are sized differently than regular "street size".
This difference is usually a size smaller than your "street size" but can be two sizes smaller.
- Order your gown to fit your largest measurement.
If your bust measurement equals size 16, your waist is a size 14, and your hips a size 14, then you should order a size 16 dress.
- If your measurement falls between two sizes, order the larger size.
Your seamstress will tailor down the remaining difference. Again, it's easier to take in material than to let it out.
Hollow to Hem:
Start the tape at the hollow at the base of your neck and measure down to the desired hem. For full skirts, be sure to measure out at an angle to account for fullness. Again, wear the same height heel you'll wear on your special day.
Tony Bowls Le Gala Size Chart